Auditions for woodwind, brass and percussion players
Apply for an audition to be a member of the City & County Youth Orchestra and/or Wind Band
We audition woodwind and brass players to become members of the City & County Youth Orchestra (CCYO) and Wind Band (CCYWB) throughout the academic year. Successful applicants are then invited to start with the ensemble at the next available residential course.
Monday 18 July, evening
The Hayes Conference Centre, Swanwick DE55 1AU
(For the City & County Youth Wind Band)
Please read the following advice before submitting your application for an audition.
- Ability level − Applicants are expected to be of at least grade 6 standard. Where there is higher competition for places, an ability of up to grade 8 may be needed.
- Availability − Applicants are expected to have good availability for the commitments of CCYO/CCYWB after the audition date.
- Ensemble − In the application you can tell us which ensemble you'd like to be considered for. You can choose both.
- Reference − We need you to provide us with the contact details of your instrumental teacher so if necessary we may seek confirmation of your readiness to audition.
- Confirmation − If you are under 18, you will need a parent/guardian to confirm your application before it can be submitted.
- Audition requirements – The requirements are different for CCYO and CCYWB. Please read below and follow the button links for more information:
City & County Youth Wind Band (CCYWB)
An audition for the City & County Youth Wind Band (CCYWB) will include a short performance of one piece/study, a selection of scales and arpeggios, and the sight-reading of an extract of music.
Audition requirements for CCYWB
City & County Youth Orchestra (CCYO)
An audition for the City & County Youth Orchestra (CCYO) will include a short performance of two pieces/studies, a selection of scales and arpeggios, and the sight-reading of an extract of music.
Audition requirements for CCYO
Submitting your application
Please follow the link below to complete our audition application form. Don't forget to check your availability against the dates in the diary for the ensemble you want to be considered for.
After submitting, a member of the Ensembles team will be in touch with you.
City & County Youth Wind Band (CCYWB) diary
Autumn Residential Course
Sunday 23 – Wednesday 26 October 2022 at Whitemoor Lakes
City & County Youth Orchestra (CCYO) diary
Summer Residential Course
Monday 18 - Friday 22 July 2022 at The Hayes Conference Centre, Swanwick