Artsmark has been designed by schools, for schools, to align with School Improvement Plans and support core EBACC and STEM priorities, giving the curriculum breadth and balance.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools. It provides a clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate their arts and cultural provision.
As well as recognising schools that are making the arts come alive, the Artsmark award is a practical and valuable tool for enriching a school's arts provision whatever the starting point.
Derby & Derbyshire Music Partnership, as an Artsmark Partner, is committed to supporting schools who apply to become an Artsmark school. Most schools in the City and County already engage with activities from the Music Partnership and the Music Hub, building some excellent evidence for meeting the Artsmark criteria.
How do we support schools?
- Deliver whole class instrumental lessons through our Wider Opportunities programme for KS2 pupils (see more…)
- Access to music from a diverse range of musical cultures and traditions including Taiko drumming from Japan, Samba band from Brazil, African drumming on djembe, and Steel Pans from Jamaica
- Exciting 10-week programmes such as Ready2Rock, Music-Making with iPads, Handbells for Primary schools
- Participation in large-scale singing events
- We deliver bespoke music curriculum CPD for school staff from EYFS to KS5
- Signposting to extra-curricular music activities
- And much more…
More information about Artsmark
More information about Artsmark can be found on their website − www.artsmark.org.uk.
You can also contact Derby & Derbyshire Music Partnership to find out how we can help you achieve Artsmark recognition by following the link below.
Enquire about how Artsmark might work in your school