BBC Ten Pieces - Primary
Ten Pieces is an exciting initiative for schools, led by BBC Learning and the BBC Performing Groups, focusing on classical music and creativity.
Ten Pieces aims to open up the world of classical music to children in Primary and Secondary education − inspiring them to develop their own creative responses to the pieces through music, dance, digital art and performance poetry. Involvement in the Ten Pieces project will:
- help schools deliver the music curriculum
- provide a transition opportunity from primary to secondary
- provide cross-curricular stimulus for the performing arts
- encourage creative thinking and independent learning in pupils
- foster children's confidence and collaborative skills
- inspire performance opportunities to showcase pupils' creativity
- provide an opportunity to work in partnership with local arts and music organisations such as music education hubs and music services, to enhance the work being done in the classroom
Ten Pieces Primary
This project started in 2014 and has developed into a wealth of resources including exciting films, lesson plans, instrumental arrangements and live events.
Schools can find out more about how to get involved with the Primary Ten Pieces and download free resources from the BBC Primary Ten Pieces Website.
More from BBC Ten Pieces...
Ten Pieces is an exciting initiative for schools, led by BBC Learning and the BBC Performing Groups, concentrating on classical music and creativity.