Get involved at Peak District Music Centres
Music-making groups and ensembles for musicians of all ages and abilities | Based in Bakewell and Buxton and the Peak District area
Peak District Music Centres runs groups and ensembles tiered by ability to provide the best experience and progression routes for players of all standards.
Ensembles and groups run throughout the week at various locations within the Peak District region.
Groups and ensembles
Get in touch with Peak District Music Centres if you want more information, or are interested in trying one of their groups.
For beginner wind and brass players up to grade 1 ability:
- Buxton Beginner Winds − Thursdays in Buxton
Hope Valley Beginner Winds − Tuesdays in Hope
For beginner string players up to grade 1 ability:
- Hope Valley Beginner Strings − Mondays 4.45 - 5.30pm at Curbar Primary School, Curbar
Buxton Beginner Strings − Fridays 5.15 - 6.00pm at St. Thomas More School, Buxton
Some ability / Intermediate ability
- Peak District Training String Orchestra − Fridays in Buxton
for string players of approx. grade 1-3 ability
- Peak District Intermediate String Orchestra − Fridays in Buxton
for string players of approx. grade 3-5 ability
- Peak District Intermediate Wind Band − Fridays in Bakewell
for wind, brass and percussion players of approx. grade 3-5 ability
More advanced ability
- Peak District Big Band − Wednesdays in Buxton
for jazz players of approx grade 4+ ability
- Peak District Wind Band − Fridays in Bakewell
for wind, brass and percussion players of approx. grade 5+ ability
- Peak District String Orchestra − Fridays in Buxton
for string players of approx. grade 5+ ability
More from Peak District Music Centres...
Peak District Music Centres (PDMC) hosts groups and ensembles for young musicians from beginner to advanced abilities in the Buxton, Bakewell and surrounding Peak District areas of Derbyshire.